AMIE referred to as Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers.
What is it About?
The Institution of Engineers (IEI) is a legal body to promote engineering and innovation, set up in 1920 and institutionalised by Royal Charter in 1935. It is the biggest multi-disciplinary expert group of professional Engineers incorporating 15 Engineering disciples with a Corporate participation of more than 2 lakhs, and serving the country for over 9 decades. IEI headquartered in Kolkata with over 100 centres all over India a few Overseas Chapters, Foras and Organ.
The Institution was granted Royal Charter On September 9 1935, by his Majesty the King and Emperor George V, which was an earth-shattering occasion in the chronicles of Engineering Industry and training in India. The Royal Charter endowed the Institution with the duty to advance Study of Engineering among individuals. IEI embodied as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization by the Ministry Of Science and Technology, Government of India and besides conducting its own research, it gives grant in aid to UG/PG/PhD Students Of Engineering disciplines.
IEI and India
The Institution of Engineers (India) is the first professional body to represent India in International Bodies, for example, the World Mining Congress (WMC), the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO), the Commonwealth Engineers’ Council (CEC), the Federation International du Beton (lie), and the Federation of Engineering Institutions of South and Central Asia (FEISCA). It likewise has an agreement with various professional societies over the globe. IEI holds the International Professional Engineers (IntPE) Register for India under the worldwide International Professional Engineers Alliance (IntPEA). The Institution likewise wards the Professional Engineers (PE) Certification. Since the time it’s beginning, IEI has been the precursor in setting up national principles for advancing the nation’s industrial base which finished on the development of the Indian Standard Institution (ISI), presently called as Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). IEI, in a joint effort with Springer, consistently distributes peer-reviewed universal journal in five series, covering fifteen engineering disciplines.
- To promote Engineering and its application.
- Pioneer in providing non-formal Engineering application in India.
- Creating an environment for national and international cooperation in Engineering and Technology.
- Grant certificate of competency for practising engineering as a profession.
- Promote Engineering through R & D activities and grants.
- Facilitates continuous professional development.
- Encourage the practice of technical knowledge of individuals through scholarships and grants.
- To promote transparency in dealing with malpractices in engineering.
Job Prospects After AMIE:
After completing AMIE exams you can placed in reputed sectors as in :
- After clearing AMIE exams you can become a part of a corporate member of IEI.
- You can get into GATE examinations for M.E. / M.tech programs.
- After completing AMIE exams in you can bag promotions in government/ private and public sector division.
- AMIE certification used for getting a higher post.
What Is The Syllabus AMIE syllabus?
AMIE syllabus includes below subjects
- Material Science and Engineering
- Society and Environment
- Computing and informatics
- Fundamentals of Design and manufacturing
To get into the AMIE program you need to fulfil some specific criteria under certain parameters. You can choose or get AMIE degree post 12th standard or after diploma program in Engineering, if you are going forward for AMIE course after 12th you need to register as Technician and if you are opting after diploma program you can take up as Senior Technician member.
Criteria for Techician:
- You should have passed the qualifying examination with at least 45% is eligible for registering in MAIE course.
- Qualifying in English is must, and aggregate marks of with minimum 45% of marks in Physics, Chemistry and mathematics is a must.
Criteria for Senior Technician membership:
For senior Technician you to fulfil some certain criteria
- You need to be at least 18 yrs of age while filling an application for selection.
- You should be an Engineer by profession wise to be worked under as a corporate member.
- You should have a qualified diploma examination in engineering or equal qualification recognized by an institution.