List of Paleolithic Sites in India
Paleolithic Sites in India
- Kuliana and Kamarpara, Burhabalang, Brahmani and Mahanadi valley sites are located in Orissa, India.
- Sohan valley (a tributary of the Indus) site is located near the city of Rawalpindi, Pakisthan.
- Giddalur, Nagarjunakonda sites in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Manjankaranai site, Vadamadurai and Attirampakkam sites, Guddiyan mountain valley sites are in and around Chennai, India.
- Chirki river valley site is located in Maharashtra, India.
- Birbhanpur site on the Damodar river valley in Burdwan district. This site is important for both Paleolithic and Neolithic finds.
- Baghmundi, Kangsabati and Kopai river valley sites were discovered and studied by West Bengal State Archaeology Department.