Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Internet
Advantages and Disadvantages of Internet – Essay 1.
The modern world seems to be nothing without an internet connection. There is so much innovation in these few years that we become a slave of the internet.
There is no doubt that the internet has made our lives easier than before. Everything we need is now just one click away from us. And that is a huge discovery.
First emails, then multimedia sending, and now, video call. If you want to connect with your loved ones you just one call or video call away.
Advantages of internet.
These technologies have their own impacts as they can be a curse or a blessing too. The following points covers the advantages of internet.
- It let people communicate with other persons virtually via emails. Just like internet emails are necessities. Every company has its own emails or every individual has its own email.
- Information is the biggest, the advantages the internet has. Search engines are new ways to gather information.
- There are so many sites where you can show your opinions and thoughts. A huge amount of information is available online about every single subject.
- With the internet, students can save a lot of time to search for information and easily they do their work.
- Entertainment is a huge factor in the attraction of the internet. Celebrity use social media platforms to promote their movies.
Some of the disadvantages of Internet are:-
- Students spend too much time using the internet. They start getting addicted to playing games and all stuff.
- Some children, nowadays, loose there communicating skills. They lack creativity and they are only doing computer work.
- Some people are there on the internet to only abuse other people and the reason is anonymity of privacy.
One should only take medicines which are prescribed by the doctors. Same is the case with internet. One should use it as per their need. If you use internet more than they need it, it would take away your creativity and time, and that’s not good.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Internet – Essay 2.
Introduction: Internet is a world-wide network of computerized devices and servers. Data travels to and fro among computer systems and servers.
Around three billion people around the world are using internet. The countries with largest number of internet users includes China, United States, and India.
The organization that provides the internet facility to users is called Internet Service Provider (ISP). They normally charge a usage based fees from the customers.
There are many advantages of internet.
- We can make donations online.
- We can send and receive information across large matrix of computer systems. Through email service, we can send messages for both business and personal purposes.
- Internet has opened doors for virtual online offices.
- During the festive season, we don’t need to visit crowed stores to buy our stuff. We can make online purchases at a bargain price.
- We can send birthday greeting cards through the internet.
- Before making any purchases, we can check online for user reviews of the products that we intend to buy.
- We can use social media applications on our personal computer and mobile devices. In this way, we can reconnect to our old school friends.
- We can gather information for new job openings. We can also apply online for jobs.
- We can earn online by doing freelancing jobs, selling online, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, etc.
- We can also sell old items that are of no use for us.
- During idle time, we can listen to music or watch a video.
- We can browse internet for information and use it as supplementary source of knowledge to aid our formal education.
- We can join online courses and develop our skills.
- We an improve our health by reading articles on health topics, or watching videos on stretching exercises.
The disadvantages of internet are:
- We often tend to purchase those extra items that we rarely need. Such purchases are a wastage of money.
- The internet is not free. Sometimes, it hurts while paying bills.
- There are hundreds of vendors selling products of various brands. We get confused with too many choices.
- The transaction cost levied by the payment gateway providers decreases the margin of the online sellers.
- Too many contradictory review leads us nowhere.
- The physical distance among loved ones is increasing.
- Somewhere the emotional connect between people are missing.
- We feel helpless when the internet connection is down.
- We always remain engaged with many online activities such as checking emails, socializing, chatting, online shopping, business-deals, etc. We don’t get time to rest.
- Since most of the things can be done at the click of a button, we have become lazy and don’t want to move around.
- Our life is moving at the pace of internet. We seldom spare few moments of peace for us.
We have the intellect to make smart choices. We should not allow internet to distract or disturb our mind. We should use it in a way that brings harmony in life.