March 10, 2020: The Covid-19 scare has been on the rise and so has the number of people affected by it across the world. Having said that, off lately people have been a lot more alert than they were in the past, post WHO came up with ways to identify its early symptoms. However, believing prevention is better than cure on any given day, India as a country too stepped up in taking precautionary measures and rolled out helplines that everyone should be aware of, for their own good!
Hence, make sure you know how to identify the early symptoms, understand how to prevent the spread of the virus as directed by WHO themselves, know the precautionary measures that India has been taking for the welfare of its citizens, and be aware of the contact helplines to make use of it at the right time!
Early Symptoms Of Covid-19
- Sore throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Body pain, especially in joints
How To Prevent The Spread Of Virus As Directed By WHO
View this post on Instagram
Suggested Read: Heart-Warming Display Of Humanity Amidst Coronavirus Crisis
Measures Taken By The Govt. Of India
- The Govt. of India has been advocating about social distancing to all the states and UTs.
- Maintenance of hygiene, and cleanliness is advised for all the public as well as private organizations, especially hospitals.
- A 24×7 national helpline has been set up due to the rise in the number of cases registered throughout the country.
- The cross border services of passenger trains like Indo-Bangladesh will remain suspended till 15th April until further notice.
- A ban has been levied in the capital on any public or religious gathering of more than 50 people and above.
- Services to the many pilgrimage tours have been temporarily suspended too.
- The Indian government has also suspended all types of passengers’ movements through the international border points of Indo-Nepal, Indo-Bangla, Indo-Myanmar, Indo-Bhutan, and Indo-Pak in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak.
- There has also been a ban on international travel and visas, and it is advised to avoid any kind of non-essential travel anywhere abroad.
Important Helplines For Emergency Related To COVID-19
Union Health Ministry has launched a helpline number, a 24×7 toll-free number, and an email ID for related queries on Covid-19.
- Helpline number: 011-239 78046
- Helpline email ID: [email protected]
- 24×7 National Toll-free number: 1075
For more information on health and public safety, you can also visit the official website of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
It is pretty evident that the Government is trying its best to take all the precautionary measures that are necessary for the public’s welfare. However, as a responsible citizen it is our duty to take care of our surroundings, pay attention to quarantining ourselves, maintain cleanliness around, and most importantly, follow and foster social distancing till the time the situation is under control. Hence, keep watching for this space, stay home, and stay safe!